Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
61. Face-Off: Dorothy Michaels vs. Mrs. Doubtfire
60. Western Movies of the '50s Featured Poll
59. Best Survival in the Wilderness Movie
58. Favorite LEGO Movie Action Figure
57. Movie- and TV-based Theme Park Attractions
56. Celebrating Julia Roberts' 50th Birthday Featured Poll
55. Face-Off: Blofeld vs. Dr. Evil
54. Midnight Movie Phenomena
53. Title Role Performances — Last Name Titles
52. Title Role Performances — First Name Titles Featured Poll
51. Title Role Performances — Full Name Titles
50. What Do You Think of Mother! (2017)? Featured Poll
49. Entertainment Weekly's Top 50 Cult Movies
48. Love It or Hate It
47. Best Visual Effects Winners in IMDb Top 250
46. Fictional Underdogs in Movies
45. Musicals With an Oscar for Best Picture HOMEPAGE Poll
44. IMDb Poll Board Favorite Movies at Teen Age Featured Poll
43. Best Cinematography Winners in IMDb Top 250 Featured Poll
42. Animal Attack!
41. Real Life Underdogs in Sports Featured Poll
40. Our Characteristics Featured Poll
39. The Seven Western Stories Featured Poll
38. What if They Kept the Fake Working Title? (Part 2)
37. Movie Posters with Neon Letters
36. Oscar for Directing and Nominated for Acting
35. Face/Off Friday
33. Movie Titles That Are Acronyms HOMEPAGE Poll
32. What if They Kept the Fake Working Title? Featured Poll
31. Why Not The Working Title?
30. Funny Jokes Told In Movies Featured Poll
29. Mayflies (Part 2)
28. Whose Stand-up Comedy Show Would You Go To? Featured Poll
27. Karma Is a Funny Thing!
26. Favorite Movie Studio of 'The Big Six'?
25. Surprising Wilhelm Screams Featured Poll
24. Top 25 Highest-Grossing Films: Warner Bros. Pictures (6/6)
23. Top 25 Highest-Grossing Films: Walt Disney Pictures (5/6)
22. Top 25 Highest-Grossing Films: Universal Studios (4/6) Featured Poll
21. Top 25 Highest-Grossing Films: Sony Pictures (3/6) Featured Poll
20. Top 25 Highest-Grossing Films: Paramount Pictures (2/6)
19. Top 25 Highest-Grossing Films: 20th Century Fox (1/6)
18. Biggest Turn Off In a Screenplay?
17. 20 Years Ago It Was Like This... (Part 2)
16. Biggest Turn Off In a Movie?
15. Toughest Prison to Survive
14. Face-Off: Best Moonlight Sequence
13. Both Oscar And Razzie Winners
12. Presidents' Day
11. Oscars 2017 — Best Achievement in Cinematography
10. Oscars 2017 — Best Writing, Original Screenplay
9. Razzies 2017 — Worst Picture
8. The Sixth Day of Christmas
7. Face-Off: DC Comics vs. Marvel Comics Featured Poll
6. Face Off: Best Movie Sight & Sound Poll
5. 20 Years Ago It Was Like This...
4. Face Off: Nicholson vs Streep
3. Mayflies (Part 1)
2. Wanted – A New Sheriff HOMEPAGE Poll
1. Who is your favorite from The Magnificent Seven (1960)?
In May 2014, Paste Magazine published a list of The 100 Best “B Movies” of All Time. This is the Top 35 (TV Movies and Videos are excluded). Which B movie is your favorite? Or, which one seems the most fascinating?
Which inspirational movie teached you the most meaningful life lesson?
Patti Cake$ (2017)
What It Means to Chase Your Dreams
Patricia Dombrowski is a weighty 23 year old woman in New Jersey. She lives with her mother, who regularly drinks too much. And also with her grandmother who is in need of care. Her dream, literally, is being a popular rap star, just like her idol OZ. If she reaches that, she will receive recognition and her family's scarcity will be history. Patricia has enough talent in writing poetic lyrics, but she doesn't have the looks or image of a rap star. In her neighborhood, she's often called by the nickname "Dumbo". So it's a tough challenge to make a name (as Killa P.) in the hip hop scene.
The power of this movie is how all the characters are elaborated upon and how they develop in the story. That makes this movie fascinating and not superficial or cliché, what you might expect. Various aspects are highlighted. Such as the barriers from family, the strength from friendship and the meaning of following your dreams from a life of scarcity. In trying to make a breakthrough she has to work hard, search for opportunities, invest, take risks and fight against prejudices. This struggle teaches her a lot about herself and others, like OZ and her mother.
The director and writer of Patti Cake$, Geremy Jasper, based the screenplay on his own life. He loves hip hop and through this movie he had the chance to create rap songs. The soundtrack has become great. And with his first feature film, he makes a fantastic debut.
Trash has it all!
When I saw the trailer of this movie it did not appeal to me. The movie seemed like a common Hollywood action movie, but after seeing it I know that this movie has a lot to offer. The story begins when Raphael (at the age of 14) finds a wallet in the garbage and shows it to his two friends. Once the boys find out how much the wallet is wanted by the police they decide to unravel the mystery behind it, using clues from the wallet. What follows is a fascinating journey full of action, humor and drama through the slums of Rio de Janeiro. You see the raw side of the city, it feels like you are there. Also the music puts you in the right vibe. The solidarity, perseverance and the struggle to achieve justice, gives you a real connection with the three boys. Slowly all the pieces fit together while it builds up to a thrilling end. This movie seems to have a clear message to give. It makes you think about justice and well-being, but at the same time it is an easy watching feel good movie. This movie has it all!